Events this week
Monday 16 October – Sunday 22 October
2017 Wine Appreciation Courses (Term 4 enrolling now). These Courses are conducted through the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), Human Resource Development (HRD Australia) and the ACT Wine Industry Network.
Note: Introductory Course (Level 1):Term 4 dates are Monday 16 October – 20 November. Time: 7-9pm. Venue is Dickson College. As of Wednesday 20 September this class is now full!
Monday 16 October. Week 1 (Level 1). An introduction to Wine Appreciation. History of wine in Australia. Tastings: Rieslings and Classic Whites.
Intermediate Course (Level 2): Next Course is now enrolling! Contact us now for the next commencement date.
Advanced Course (Level 3): our new Course focusing on Canberra and surrounding district wines has now been approved and is about to commence. The Level 3 Course (through the CIT) will commence as soon as we get a few more numbers. Enrolments are now open!
MasterClasses: the remaining MasterClass is:
- Tuesday 17 October: New World Wines (Ruby Cabernet (USA), Cienna and Tarrango (Aust.), Muller-Thurgau (Germany), Verdelho (Portugal), Pinotage (South Africa), Zinfandel (Croatia), Furmint (Hungary), and Carmenere and Carignan (Chile).
MasterClasses can be booked individually. Cost is $99pp (all inclusive) for individual classes. All you need as extras are a set of 6 wine glasses!
Venue: the MasterClasses are conducted at the Weston Creek Community Centre.
Time: 7.15-9.15pm each Tuesday.
To apply: contact ACTWIN asap.
Note: we have 10 places only available for each class.
- Friday 20 October Bunnamagoo Estate Wines at Isabella Plains IGA 4-7pm.
Rochester Ginger tastings
- Saturday 21 October 10am-2pm at Go Vita Woden.
- Sunday 22 October 12 noon-4pm at Market Health Food (previously Natural Living) Fyshwick Markets.
Meredith Dairy Cheese/Yoghurt tastings
- Saturday 21 October 10.30am-1.30pm at Coles Queanbeyan.
- Sunday 22 October 12 noon- 4pm at Deli Planet Fyshwick Markets.
Our Brunches are on hold until further notice.
The date of the next Wine and Food Matching Dinner is Saturday 25 November. Details to follow soon.
Please note: refunds are not possible once booked and paid for. In the unfortunate event of unavailability, ACTWIN suggests purchasers seek a substitute to attend in their place.
Disclaimer: whilst all care is taken, the above events can change at very short notice. To ensure that something is definitely on, please always ring Michael on 0408 626918 before hand.