Events this week
Monday 18 September – Sunday 24 September
2017 Wine Appreciation Courses (Term 4 enrolling now). These Courses are conducted through the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), Human Resource Development (HRD Australia) and the ACT Wine Industry Network.
Note: Introductory Course (Level 1):Term 4 dates are Monday 16 October – 20 November. Time: 7-9pm. Venue is Dickson College. As of Tuesday 12 September there are 13p enrolled, leaving only 2 places still available!
Intermediate Course (Level 2): Next Course is now enrolling! Contact us now for an October commencement.
Advanced Course (Level 3): our new Course focusing on Canberra and surrounding district wines is in the pipeline! We hope to have it up and running (through the CIT) on Tuesday 17 October. Expressions of interest are now being taken. Once the date is confirmed we will open up enrolments.
MasterClasses: our next series of MasterClasses are about to take place.
- Tuesday 26 September: The French Revolution (Pinot Gris, Chenin Blanc, Colombard, Marsanne, Viognier, Roussanne, Cabernet Franc, Durif, Grenache, Malbec, Savagnin, Ondenc, Petit Verdot, Chambourcin, Gamay and Saint Macaire).
- Tuesday 3 October: The Spanish Inquisition (Albarino, Palomino, Tempranillo, Mourvedre/Mataro, Pedro Ximenez and Garnacha/Grenache.
- Tuesday 10 October: Organic, Preservative Free and Biodynamic Wines.
- Tuesday 17 October: New World Wines (Ruby Cabernet (USA), Cienna and Tarrango (Aust.), Muller-Thurgau (Germany), Verdelho (Portugal), Pinotage (South Africa), Zinfandel (Croatia), Furmint (Hungary), and Carmenere and Carignan (Chile).
MasterClasses can be booked individually or as a package of the 4 classes. Cost is $99pp (all inclusive) for individual classes and $360pp for all 4 classes. All you need as extras are a set of 6 wine glasses!
Venue: the MasterClasses will all be conducted at the Weston Creek Community Centre.
Time: 7.15-9.15pm each Tuesday.
To apply: contact ACTWIN asap.
Note: we have 10 places only available for each class.
- Thursday 21 September Bunnamagoo Estate Wines at Isabella Plains IGA from 4-7pm
- Saturday 23 September Angove Wines at Casey SupaBarn from 12 noon- 4pm
Rochester Ginger tastings
More tastings coming soon!
Meredith Dairy Cheese/Yoghurt tastings
- still to be notified
Our Brunches are on hold until further notice.
Our September Wine and Food Matching Dinner is set down for Saturday 23 September. The wines served on the evening will be Italian varieties (some from Italian produced wines and others from Australian ones).
- Date: Saturday 23 September
- Venue: Trev’s@Dickson
- Time: 7.00pm for a 7.15pm start
- Cost: $89.99pp (all inclusive)
- RSVP: to ACTWIN on telephone 6231 6997 or email email@example.com
The Menu will be posted in the next few days.
Note: dietary concerns can be met as long as we are notified at the time of booking.
(The Menu will consist of 5 Courses and 7 wines).
Please note: refunds are not possible once booked and paid for. In the unfortunate event of unavailability, ACTWIN suggests purchasers seek a substitute to attend in their place.
Disclaimer: whilst all care is taken, the above events can change at very short notice. To ensure that something is definitely on, please always ring Michael on 0408 626918 before hand.
On Monday 11 September we are holding a MasterClass: The Italian Connection through CIT Solutions at Dickson College from 7-9pm. Tastings will include wines chosen from Sangiovese, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Vermentino, Arnese, Cortese, Fiano, Trebbiano, Montepulciano, Lagrein and Nero D’Avola. Class size: 10p.
Note: this class is now sold out. We have oversubscribed with 15p enrolled.